His Kids too, Missions

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Summer Sounds in MidWinter COLD....

Since we are in the MidWinter COLD...I thought it might brighten your day to take a walk into the world of fantasy and summer sounds. It also has the moral message for us to 'be happy and Bloom where we are planted', regardless the situation and circumstances.

(I wish that I knew how to transfer my cute graphics to this Blog site...in order to make it cuter, more visiable and realistic...but guess you'll just have to use your imagination.) Have a happy and blessed day!!! Everyday.

Turtle Trails

By Gloria Helleson (cw)

Hey there, won’t you come take a slow trip with me,
Slowly but surely.... the world’s awaiting beauty... this you will see.

Yes, I am just a lowly little turtle... and I hide here... deep within my shell,
But I am very, very happy...and I survive very, very well.

I am just a plain ever-day turtle....I crawl very slowly... day after day.
I often crawl up the hillside.... and watch all my animals friends play.

Sometimes I even crawl down to the big ocean...and down by the sea,
to see my older cousins who are huge...but also look just like me.

You see, beside them, I am tiny... only a few inches all around.
While the big SEA turtles are huge.... and some weigh over 300 pounds!!!

Some of my family are so small.... that they start out as tiny as a dime.
While my big cousins are huge....our shells have the same beautiful design.

My Mother and Daddy were tiny...and that’s the way I’ll always be.
But NOT my cousins...they are GIANTS ....and they live in the sea.

They call my cousins SEA Turtles, which is so funny, I think.
It seems weird that they can float....when it seems like they should sink!

We are all proud of our pretty block patterns.... God created them for our back.
He painted them all different colors and shapes.... and our bodies to retract.

Beautifully God loved and created us...each in His own very special way.
When dangers comes near us...we quickly PULL OUR BODY IN & wait till it goes away.

I’m sure you’ve heard the many, many stories..... about the “Turtle and the Hare”
But you know, that rabbit is
one of my best buddies..in the meadow..we play everywhere.

On pretty days when I am sunning.... the butterfly comes and sits down my nose.
Then quickly he flutters away in the warm morning breeze....with mud upon his toes.

Sometimes I go walking in the cool of the evening.........this time.... I love so well.
Because another new world arises, as the air fills with night voices & music begins to swell.

The old Bullfrog begins his deep “BA-Ribbet”.....the toad frogs begin singing their tune,
The crickets begin their cherping....as the hoot owls haunting...
fills the dark lagoon.

Distant cayotes begin their yapping....they are about to make their nightly run,
As they teach their children how to find food on the prairie...to romp and have fun.

The big fish in the bottom of the waters....all come swimming to the top
Their looking for flying insects drinking....on the water as they quickly stop.


The fish want to fill their up their tummies.... and it’s all just a happy game
As they flip high above the water, laughing,...and then go back down again!

The chattering old summer locust....the grasshoppers and green Katydid...
All hush their noisy singing and chatter...as the evening sun is quickly hid.

Yes, I like the cool of the evening..... and I listen as the distant night hawk cries.
Then watching the sun go down slowly.... as I am engulfed in.... beautiful “fireflies“!

You people call them “Lightening Bug” .....and that’s easy for me to understand
But isn’t it great.... how they light up the darkness......just like God had planned?

As night time closes in, the whole world is silent.... and into quietness it creeps.
So, I crawl slowly back into my favorite little mud hole,...I sigh...and fall...fast, fast to sleep!

Then suddenly, comes the morning Sun Rise ....and I just love the break of dawn.
Refreshed, I am watching everyone awaken....even the Mother Deer and her baby Fawn

The Fawn is God’s special creation, so spry and beautiful... and filled with great curi-osity.
She comes to sniff my shell., then paws my back......so slowly but ever so inquisitively.

I just hide deep inside, secretly laughing...because I know... to her...it’s just a game.
She only wants to check me out.......then she’ll return....right back to where she came.

Oh, and I really love all the pretty flowers..... that grow near my favorite pond.
they all have different smells, shapes and colors...like a fairy waving her magic wand.

They swing and sway in soft gentle winds...just like music in the breeze.
Their wonderful sweet fragrance rise up and away...into the tall oak trees.

Yes, God created me special and different...a mighty long, long time ago,
Cause, way back in the Garden of Eden..... Adam named me, you know!

My forefathers who lived in the past were honored,...when Noah put them on his Big Boat.
He kept them there safely in his Ark........till the flood waters no longer let them float.

Oh, how I love the life of a turtle...even though I am as SLOW... as I can be,
But I have learned not to wish... to be like others and just to be happy.... happy to be ME!

Yes, God created us all.... and WE ARE ALL HIS little children...from the Mountain to the Sea.
Cause God is a Good God, He can do anything...He is Mighty ....and HE LOVES YOU AND ME!!!
Signed: The lowly, but highly respected, Little Turtle.









Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home